The Resource Library houses all of the the Resource files and links shared throughout the Professional Learning and Digital Convergence Frameworks. You can browse, or use the Search option and the filters, to find exactly what you need. This article will cover the following items related to the Resource Library:
- What's in the Resource Library
- Search Tool
Note: Only users with access to the DCF can view the DCF-related resources in the Resource Library. All users can use the Resource Library to access the resources shared in the Professional Learning pages of the platform.
Note: The video below demonstrates how SI Resources are shared in the Resource Library. See the remainder of the article for more information on how Professional Learning resources are now also available in the Resource Library.
Above shows the Resource Library as it appears to users with both PL and DCF access, with a filter to narrow the results to resources related to DCF or PL.
Above shows the Resource Library as it appears to users with PL access.
What's in the Resource Library
PL Resources also include all Resources uploaded and shared by users in the in the Reflection and Discussion pages throughout the Professional Learning modules, shown above. The resources you upload will be available to you and to any users who are assigned as your PL Managers in the Resource Library. They will only be available to other users if you choose to share them.
DCF Resources include all Modern Teacher Resources (marked with MT) and district-uploaded resources, found in the Resource section of the SI Pages as shown above.
DCF Resources also include all Work Products that are uploaded to SIs in your district (example shown above), and all SI Work Products shared by other districts.
You will only have access to items from other districts if the user who uploaded the Resource or Work Product chose to share with All Districts. The option to share resources with All Districts or to keep them private only to Your District are shown above.
All items in the Resource Library are currently searchable by their name. Note that you can also see the uploader, district, and page the resource came from on each resource tile in the library.
Filters are available to narrow the Resource Library results, as shown above. Filters can be combined for even more specific results.
- DCF & PL - This filter will only be available if you have access to the Digital Convergence Framework (DCF). In this case, the default will be to show resources from both the DCF and PL pages throughout the platform, but if you'd like to narrow the results, you can select one or the other. If you do not have access to the DCF, you will automatically only see PL-related resources in the Resource Library, and this filter will be unavailable.
- All Resources vs. All Districts vs. At This District vs. Modern Teacher - Note that Modern Teacher Resources are not included in the "All Districts" filter, but are included in the "All Resources" default. Also note that if your district has not yet uploaded any Resources or Work Products, the "At This District" filter will produce no results.
- All Modules vs. Specific Module - This filter is only available when viewing PL resources. This view is the default if you have access only to PL in the platform. If you also have access to the DCF, you'll first need to select PL from the DCF & PL filter. You can then use the Module filter to view only resources available in the selected module.
- All Stages vs. Stage - This filter is only available when viewing DCF resources. If you have access to the DCF, you'll first need to select DCF from the DCF & PL filter. This filter then lets you focus on a particular Stage in the DCF, so you can find resources appropriate to your District's current Stage.
- All Drivers vs. Driver - This filter is only available when viewing DCF resources. If you have access to the DCF, you'll first need to select DCF from the DCF & PL filter. This filter then let's you focus on just one of the five Drivers in the DCF, so you can find resources that are relevant to your area of work.